Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
How to Draw a 5-Point Star Gallery
See how to draw a 5-point star in step-by-step photos…
1. Set your compass and pencil to the required diameter by lining the two points up on a ruler (remember the total diameter of your star will be double the length you measure on the ruler)
2. Draw a circle on your paper using your compass and pencil.
3. Mark a starting point on the circle somewhere near the top.
4. Line up the centre of the protractor with the centre of your circle (where the compass hole is) and then line up the zero on the protractor with the starting point you have marked on your circle.
Measure 72 degrees and make another mark.
5. Repeat step 4 except this time line up the zero on the protractor with the new mark you have made. Once you have completed the circle you should have 5 marks each 72 degrees apart.
6. If your marks are inside or outside of the circle you have drawn, use a ruler and line up the centre hole and each mark. Where the ruler crosses the circle, make a new mark. This will ensure that your star is the size you want it to be.
7. Now it’s time to create the star! Start from the first mark at the top of the circle (where the mark crosses the circle), working clockwise, skip the next mark and draw a line between the first mark and the third mark.
8. Move on to the next mark (the second mark) and repeat the process (i.e. join the second mark with the fourth mark). Carry on repeating this process until you have drawn 6 lines and you are back to the top of the circle. And there it is…you have your 5 point star!