The Chinese use marbles which are as difficult as it gets but for those of us who are much less experienced, try using marshmallows or anything soft.
You will need :
- Pair of chopsticks per player
- 4 bowls
- 4 chairs
- Marshmallows or similar for beginners
The aim of the game is to get all the contents from one bowl to the other faster than the other team. You can only use chopsticks to move them.
- Learn how to use chopsticks.
- You need two chairs per team. Separate the chairs an equal distance from each other. You can choose the distance.
- Put a bowl on each chair. One bowl per team should be empty and the other needs to be filled with marshmallows. Make sure each team have the same number of marshmallows.
- Divide kids into two teams and line them up behind the bowls which have no sweets in. Chopsticks ready.
- On go, the first kid from each team runs to the bowl with the marshmallows and picks up one marshmallow with their chopsticks. They then have to carry the marshmallow to the other bowl and put it in before the next player in their team goes.
- The first team to empty their bowl is the winner.
- If a marshmallow is dropped, a new marshmallow is put in the bowl by an adjudicator and the player who dropped the marshmallow goes to the back of their line.