Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Wishing Stars Gallery
How to make Wishing Stars in step-by-step photos…
1. Cut a strip of paper which is the length of either A4 or US Letter paper and about 1cm wide.
2. Write your wish on the strip of paper.
3. With the writing side facing you, curl one end of the strip into a loop with a small 1cm tail at the end. Hold between your thumb and finger.
4. Pass the other end of the strip through the loop and pull into a loose knot which looks like a pentagon. The paper shouldn’t be forced to bend inwards. If it does, you’re pulling the knot too tight.
The loose knot should look like this.
5. Tuck the short end into the pentagon. Snip off any excess.
The strip should now look like this.
6. Turn the strip of paper over. Be careful, this is the trickiest bit because it can fall apart easily.
7. You can see the Pentagon has 5 sides. Wrap the strip to the bottom left side of the pentagon shape. It should naturally bend this way.
8. Wrap the strip around the back and over the top right side of the pentagon.
9. You’ll find the angle of the strip of paper naturally wraps around the pentagon shape. Follow the natural wrap cycle until you have a little of the strip left.
10. Tuck the end underneath the flap on the front of the pentagon.
The strip of paper should now look like a pentagon.
11. Use your thumb and finger to pinch each corner of the pentagon shape to make it look like a star.
12. Remember to keep your wish safe or give it to a good friend to keep it safe for you.