Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Make an Origami Ship Gallery
Make an Origami Ship in step-by-step photos…
1. Place your paper portrait.
2. Fold the paper in half from bottom to top.
3. Fold the paper in half again from right to left…
4. Fold the bottom left corner up and across to meet the centre crease.
5. Repeat step 4 with the right side.
6. Fold the top layer of the top flap down and over the base of the triangle.
7. Turn the paper over and repeat step 6.
8. Open up the bottom of the triangle and fold it back down on itself along the opposite sides – making a diamond.
9. Fold the top layer in half (point to point)
10. Turn the paper over and repeat step 9 – you should have a small triangle.
11. Open the triangle at the bottom once again and fold back along the opposite lines making another diamond.
12. Grab the two points which come away from the diamond and gently pull outwards.
13. Flatten to make a ship shape.
14. You can now colour and cut out a flag of your choice and glue or tape it to a popsicle stick and attach it to the triangle in the middle of the ship. You can also decorate the outside with colouring pens or pencils.