Defy gravity and watch this butterfly hover on the very tip of your finger.
You will need:
- Printer and Balancing Butterfly Template
- White card
- Colouring pens/pencils (optional)
- Two pennies or small coins
How to make it…
- Print the Balancing Butterfly Template either in black and white or the colour version.
- Colour in the butterfly if you printed the black and white version.
- Cut out the butterfly carefully.
- Turn the butterfly over and stick two pennies to the tips of the wings behind the two circles with some glue and leave to dry.
- Balance the tip of the butterfly’s nose on the tip of your finger and see how it hovers there.
- Flex the card to adjust the angle of the butterfly’s hover. Don’t bend it, just flex the wings upwards for higher elevation and down for lower elevation.
- Can you get the butterfly to do a headstand? – you’ll have to flex the card to get it just right without it falling over forwards.