Make these White Chocolate Snowmen as a tasty Christmas treat.
Delicious and fun to make.
You will need:
- White chocolate (7oz/200g)
- Butter (1.5oz/45g/1/2 stick)
- Double cream (¼ cup/60ml)
- Desiccated coconut (2oz/60g/1 cup)
- Hazelnuts (roasted and roughly chopped) (3.5oz/100g/1/2 cup)
- Red licorice laces
- Chocolate chips
- Black licorice
- Cocktail sticks
- Greaseproof Paper
How to make White Chocolate Snowmen…
- Put butter and broken up white chocolate into a bowl, melt over a pan of hot water or in the microwave.
- Once melted, stir in the double cream and see the mixture go glossy.
- Take off the heat and stir the hazelnuts through.
- Leave to cool for up to one hour.
- Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cover a plate in desiccated coconut.
- Take a small amount of mixture (about the size of a large marble) and roll roughly into a ball before rolling in the coconut. – The mixture will set quite rapidly once it’s been separated from the rest of the mixture.
- Repeat with a slightly larger ball of mixture.
- Join the head and body together by pushing a cocktail stick through completely.
- Add a licorice ‘hat’ and press it onto the top of the cocktail stick.
- Press 2 chocolate chips in for eyes and two for buttons. Add a red licorice scarf and nose.
- Leave to set completely and cover with foil to keep.
- Make sure the mixture does not set before rolling it. It will feel very loose when you pick it up even once cool but it will set very quickly once it’s been separated from the rest of the mixture. The coconut helps to mould the mixture into a shape at first.
- Cut up your sweets whilst waiting for the mixture to cool.
- Press the pointy bit of the chocolate chips into the mixture for a better hold.