Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Veterans Day Activity – Ravioli Recipe Gallery
Make Ravioli in step-by-step photos…
1. Measure out all your ingredients.
2. Mix up your filling and make sure it’s in a cooked state. Whatever filling you use it should not have excess liquid, drain it on a kitchen towel if needed.
3. Whisk the two eggs in a big mixing bowl.
4. Stir in the water, salt and oil.
5. Add a third of the flour and mix through until the lumps have dispersed.
6. Add another third and mix through and then the final third. Make sure the dough is knead-able without sticking to your fingers at this point. Add more flour if needed.
7. Tear off a 5th of the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured work surface. Roll it as thin as you can and keep moving it around to make sure it isn’t sticking to the work surface. The dough will bounce back and you will need to roll a lot more than with pastry until it stays rolled and thin– it is annoying and better done by an adult.
8. Use a cookie cutter to cut circles of dough and set aside.
9. Spoon a teaspoon of filling onto half of the pasta discs.
10. Place a second disc on top and press down all around the edges using a fork.
11. Repeat until all the dough and mixture is used.
12. Boil the ravioli in batches for 2-3 minutes each in salted water and serve. Alternatively put the cooked pasta in a hot oven with a tomato pasta sauce and cheese for 15 minutes for a pasta bake.