These Marshmallow Ghosts are best if you make them with white Marshmallows…!
This is a marshmallow crispy recipe.
You will need:
- Marshmallows (7oz/200g/5 cups)
- Butter (2oz/50g/ ½ stick)
- Crisped/puffed rice (3.5oz/100g/4 cups)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make Marshmallow Ghosts…
- Measure out your ingredients.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking tray with vegetable oil.
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a pan.
- Once the butter has melted add the vanilla essence.
- Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until they’ve melted entirely.
- Add the puffed rice whilst the pan is still on the heat and stir through thoroughly.
- Tip the mixture out onto the greased baking tray and use the back of a spoon to smooth out evenly. Leave to set.
- Once set, use a knife to divide the tray into 12 squares, cut each square in half so you have 24 triangles.
- Use chocolate chips or raisins as eyes for each triangle ghost.
Tips for Marshmallow Ghosts…
- Use white marshmallows for realistic ghosts!
- The mixture will be very sticky when you first try to spread it out, but after a minute it will be easier.