These tasty little biscuits are really easy to bake and fun to decorate.
We made ours using lemon but you can substitute lemon for chocolate, vanilla, orange – well anything really!
Make Lemon Heart Biscuits as a present for a loved one or friend for a birthday, Christmas or Valentines Day!
Makes about 15 biscuits
You will need:
- Self raising flour (5oz/150g/ 1 ¼ cup)
- Butter (cubed) (3oz/75g/ ¾ stick)
- Caster sugar (2oz/50g/ ¼ cup)
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg (2 tbsp)
- Vegetable oil (enough to grease the baking sheet)
- Heart cookie cutter
- Icing/frosting of your choice (we used glacé)
- Sweets to decorate
How to make Lemon Heart Biscuits…
- Remember to wash your hands well before starting.
- Leave the butter out beforehand so it is softer and easier to handle.
- To rub the flour and butter together, pick up the mixture between thumb and fingers and rub together letting the mixture fall from your fingers back into the bowl. Repeat until all the flour and butter is combined and looks like breadcrumbs. Don’t use the palms of your hands!
- You need about 2 tablespoons of egg if you are not sure if the size is right.
- Remember the biscuits will rise when baked.