Make simple cupcakes into yummy Halloween themed cupcakes!
You will need:
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes – make your own or use our Chocolate Cupcakes recipe.
- Ready-to-roll fondant/regal icing (8oz/225g)
- Icing/confectioners sugar
- Red food colouring
- Yellow food colouring
- Black icing writing pen
- 3 inch cookie cutter
How to make Halloween Cupcakes…
- Buy or make 12 Chocolate Cupcakes and make sure they’re cool before decorating.
- Spread a little jam over the top of each cupcake.
- Knead the icing so it’s pliable and add a couple of drops of red and yellow food colouring. Knead until the colour is evenly distributed. Keep adding food colouring until you are happy with the colour orange.
- Dust a work surface and rolling pin with icing sugar and roll out the icing to 3-4mm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut 12 circles out of the icing.
- Place one icing disc on each cupcake.
- Put a black icing writing pen in some hot water to soften it and use the icing pen to draw Halloween themed designs on the cupcakes before leaving to set.
Tips for making Halloween Cupcakes…
- Do not put too much jam onto the cupcakes as the icing will slip off.
- Yellow food colouring stains worse than the red so protect your work surfaces.
- If the icing line is too thin, cut the end of the nozzle off.