Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Gingerbread Men Photo Gallery
How to make Gingerbread Men in step by step photos…
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F
2. Measure out your ingredients.
3. Put the flour, butter, ginger and bicarbonate of soda in a big mixing bowl and use the tips of your fingers to work all the ingredients together until it looks crumbly and there are no butter lumps left.
4. Stir the sugar through the mixture.
5. Add the egg and golden syrup
Mix into a dough
Iif it’s too sticky to tip out of the bowl add a little more flour.
6. Tip the dough out onto a well floured work surface and roll out to about 0.5cm thick.
7. Cut out Gingerbread men with your Gingerbread cutter (note: if your mixture doesn’t have enough flour in the Gingerbread men will lose their shape when you pick them up. Knead in some more flour if this happens)
8. Transfer the Gingerbread men to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Leave the cookies to cool for a minute before transferring them to a cooling rack.
10. Decorate the Gingerbread men with icing pens, chocolate buttons, raisins or anything else that takes your fancy.