Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Friend Cakes Gallery
Make Friend Cakes in step-by-step photos…
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F
2. Measure out your ingredients.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mixture falls off the spoon and the grittiness has gone.
4. Beat in one egg until the mixture returns to a smooth consistency.
5. Add a third of the flour and fold in gently.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5, alternating beating in one egg and folding in flour until all the flour and egg is combined.
7. Add about half a teaspoon of vanilla essence and mix in well.
8. Fill a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and divide the mixture evenly between 12.
9. Put the cakes in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and a knife comes out clean and transfer to a cooling rack.
10. Roll out your fondant icing per the instructions to about ¼ cm thick.
11. Use a cookie cutter to cut disks of fondant icing.
12. Once cool, spread each cupcake with a little jam.
13. Place a fondant disk on each cake.
14. Write a friend’s name on each cake or, if you have bought alphabet candy letters, mix up a little icing sugar and water and add a little to the top of each cake before placing the alphabet letters on.