Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Fortune Cookies Gallery
Make Fortune Cookies in step by step photos…
1. Write 10 fortunes on 10 slips of paper. These can be whatever you want!
2. Measure out all your ingredients
3. Separate the egg white from the egg yolk by cracking the egg over a bowl and passing the yolk from one side of the shell to the other, letting the white fall into the bowl. You do not need the yolk for this recipe.
4. Stir the sugar into the egg white.
5. Add the salt and mix well.
6. Melt the butter either in a saucepan or the microwave and pour it into the egg mixture.
7. Quickly add the flour and vanilla and beat it all together until it’s smooth
8. Cover a baking tray in parchment or greaseproof paper and lightly grease it with a little vegetable oil.
9. Spread one teaspoon of batter in a circle about 10cm in diameter. The batter should be as thin as possible to make the cookies crispy. You should be able to see the tray through the mixture.
10. Put the cookies in the oven on the top shelf for 4 – 5 minutes or until the edges are brown.
11. Take the cookies out of the oven and place a fortune in the middle of each one.
12. Pull away the greaseproof paper from underneath to get a hold of the cookie edge and fold in half using a palette knife. Careful they will be hot..
13.Then fold in half again with a palette knife and hold down until the cookie holds it’s shape. You will have to work quickly before the cookies harden! Repeat the process until all 10 cookies are baked and folded.