Bake Cranberry Muffins for Thanksgiving or just as a treat.
This muffin recipe is so easy and quick to make absolutely anyone can bake these tasty muffins.
You will need:
- Plain Flour (10oz/285g/2 ¼ cup)
- Caster Sugar (8.5 oz/240g/1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- Milk (150ml)
- Butter (2oz/60g/½ stick)
- Dried Cranberries (100g – 200g)
How to make Cranberry Muffins…
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F
- Measure out all of your ingredients.
- Put the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into a mixing bowl and give it a stir.
- Beat the egg.
- Melt the butter (about 30 seconds in the microwave should be sufficient)
- Add the melted butter, beaten egg and the milk to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until the batter is a smooth consistency.
- Add the cranberries and stir through.
- Fill a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases and put in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes until the muffins have risen and have a golden top.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool.
- Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt if you wish but I found no need to do so.
- You can replace cranberries with the same quantity of whatever you wish – chocolate chips, blueberries etc.
- Why not try making your muffins into Muffin Men