Guy Fawkes Night, or “Bonfire Night”, is celebrated in Great Britain with fireworks – so make your Bonfire Night party food sparkle too!
You will need:
- Chocolate fingers
- Icing sugar/confectioners’ sugar
- Popping candy/candy crystals/hundreds & thousands/Sherbet
How to make Bonfire Night Chocolate Sparklers…
- Cover a baking sheet in baking parchment or greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Mix up a little icing/confectioners sugar with water.
- Pour your sparkles (popping candy/hundreds and thousands etc) on a plate.
- Dip the end of each chocolate finger in the icing and tap off any excess.
- Roll the end of the chocolate finger in the sparkles and once completely coated, transfer to the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the fingers are coated and leave to set for a couple of hours before transferring to a plate to serve.
- You can use anything which is ‘stick like’, not just chocolate fingers. Twix, KitKat and Mikado are some suggestions.
- Make sure you make enough icing so it’s easy to ‘dip’ the end of the stick in.