Make these easy Reindeer Cupcakes as a Christmas food activity for a party or friends and family.
You can use your own cupcake recipe or try ours.
You will need:
- 12 chocolate cupcakes (see our Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe)
- Chocolate butter icing/frosting (6oz/170g) – or 2oz/55g butter, 4oz/115g Icing/confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder.
- 12 Chocolate Fingers (or 24 mini chocolate fingers)
- 6 glacé cherries
- 24 white chocolate buttons
- 24 chocolate chips
- Piping Bag
How to make Chocolate Reindeer Cupcakes…
- Bake 12 chocolate cupcakes. Use our Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe or bake your own recipe and leave to cool.
- If you’re making your own butter icing, combine butter, icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl until it’s a smooth paste. Add a little milk if it’s a bit stiff.
- Fill your piping bag with the chocolate icing.
- Snap your chocolate fingers in half and cut the cherries in half.
- Pipe a strip of chocolate icing at the top of each cupcake.
- Stick two chocolate finger halves into the butter icing for antlers.
- Pipe two eyes and a nose onto each cupcake.
- Stick two white chocolate buttons on each cupcake
- Stick a half cherry nose on each cupcake.
- Dab a little icing on the back of each chocolate drop and stick one on each white chocolate button.
- If you’re making your own butter icing, make sure the butter is at room temperature or it will be hard work to blend together.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, put the butter icing in a food bag and snip off a corner.
- Make filling your piping bag easier by wrapping the bag over the top of a drinking glass.
- You can replace chocolate fingers with any other stick-like chocolate or candy.
- Store in an airtight container.