This is a simple and delicious Chocolate Cupcake recipe which is quick and easy to bake.
You will need:
- Self-raising flour (5oz/140g/1 cup)
- Caster sugar (6oz/170g/ ¾ cup)
- Butter (6oz/170g/1 ½ sticks)
- Cocoa powder (1oz/30g/ ¼ cup)
- 3 large eggs
How to make Chocolate Cupcakes…
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F
- Measure out your ingredients.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mixture falls off the spoon and the grittiness has gone.
- Beat in one egg until the mixture returns to a smooth consistency.
- Mix the cocoa through the flour before adding a third of it to the mixture and fold in gently.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5, alternating beating in one egg and folding in flour until all the flour and egg is combined.
- Fill a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and divide the mixture evenly between 12.
- Put the cakes in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes until firm and a knife comes out clean and transfer to a cooling rack.
Tips for making Chocolate Cupcakes…
- If you use a food processor, beat in one egg at a time and once all the eggs are combined, add all the flour and cocoa. ‘Pulse’ the machine to keep the air in.
- Make sure the cupcakes are cool before you decorate them.
- You can decorate the cupcakes with whatever you like, why not try butter icing/frosting.