Instead of Candy Apples, make Candy Apple Bites.
They’re fun to make with kids and much easier to eat…not to mention better for your teeth!
Makes approx 20 bites
You will need:
- 1 apple
- 100g chocolate
- Sprinkles/decoration of choice
How to make Candy Apple Bites…
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Peel and cut up an apple into thin slices. Lay the slices out onto the baking tray.
- Break up the chocolate into a small bowl.
- Heat the chocolate either in a microwave or over a hot bowl of water until it’s melted.
- Dip each piece of apple in the chocolate and wipe off excess chocolate on the side of the bowl before laying back on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the slices with hundreds and thousands or whatever decoration you’ve picked before leaving to set.
- Transfer to a serving plate using a fish slice.
- If melting the chocolate in the microwave, make sure it’s on 50% power or the chocolate will burn before it melts. Also make sure to only put it on for 30 second bursts and stir after every 30 seconds.
- Make sure you sprinkle the slices quickly before the chocolate sets.
- If you can, leave the chocolate bowl over hot water to stop the chocolate setting too quickly.
- You can use other fruit like orange segments, pear or maybe even strawberries.