Whether teddy needs an easy-to-make new outfit, wants to celebrate Mexican style or he’s just a little cold! – make him a teddy bear poncho.
New clothes don’t come any easier!
You will need :
- An old tea towel/dish towel
- Pom poms, jewels etc. for decorating
How to make it…
- Select your teddy bear or doll.
- Measure the towel against the teddy’s back (from the neck to just above his bum!) so it’s the length you want it and cut all the way across.
- Make the width of the towel the same as the length so you have a square.
- Cut a slit in the poncho which is big enough to fit teddy’s head.
- Try it on for size, if it’s a little big trim it up.
- When you’re happy take off the poncho and decorate it with pom poms and sequins. Use fabric glue if you have it. See steps in photos.
- When cutting the slit in the middle of the poncho, remember that teddy’s head will squish up a bit so it can fit through a smaller hole.
- Cut a smaller slit to start with and see if teddy’s head will fit through, if not, make it a little bigger.