Pandas are native to China, and they eat bamboo shoots. They are an endangered species.
You will need :
- Paper plate
- Colour Printer and Panda Mask Template
- Hole punch/sharp pencil and plasticine
How to make it…
- Roughly measure where your eyes are on the paper plate and cut out two small eye holes. Check you can see through them before moving on to the next step.
- Print out the Panda Mask Template and cut out the Panda Mask pieces – remember to cut out the eye holes!
- Stick the Panda Mask pieces on the mask with glue.
- Put a hole in each side of the mask with a hole punch or sharp pencil and plasticine
- Secure to the head using string.
- If you would like to dress up as the Kung Fu Panda, combine the Panda Mask with an Asian Conical Hat.
- Make a full Panda costume by cutting holes in a black bin bag for the head and arms, pad out with scrunched up newspaper and tie tight with a knot around the legs. Cut a large white circle and stick this to the front. Wear a black sweater and black trousers/pants underneath.
- You may need adult help to cut out the eye holes.
- Overlap the ears a little at the top of the paper plate.