These easy peasy Moose Antlers are very simple and quick to make.
Moose can be found in Canada and Northern USA and they have huge antlers which are shaped a little like baseball gloves for fighting each other.
You will need:
- Coloured card
- Plastic Alice band/head band
- Sticky tape
How to make it…
- Take a piece of card in a colour you would like your antlers to be and place your hand near the very top of the page.
- Draw around your whole hand and all the way down your arm. Be generous when drawing round your hand so the antlers are bigger.
- Do exactly the same with your other hand.
- Cut both hands out. Make sure you cut out the arm as well.
- Place the card hands behind the head band at the angle you would like them to be.
- Wrap the arm parts of the card around the head band and secure with sticky tape. Make sure you secure the card to the head band as well.
- Be careful not to tear the card when you wrap it round the head band. It’s a little fiddly but as long as you don’t force the card it will wrap around effectively.
- Select a thin head band so it’s easier to wrap the card around.
- We thought swapping the hands over so the thumbs point outward looked better as antlers.
- You can paint your card so it’s the colour you want.