Make your own shooting gun with elastic band ammo and toilet paper tubes!
Really easy to make and these bands shoot accurately and pretty far!
A great addition to a Cowboy fancy dress outfit.
You will need:
- 1 toilet roll tube
- 1 kitchen roll tube
- Black paint and paintbrush
- Sticky tape
- Elastic bands
How to make an Elastic Band Gun…
- Paint both tubes with black paint inside and out and leave to dry.
- Take the toilet roll tube (the shorter tube) and cut straight up the middle with scissors.
- Roll the tube tighter and secure with sticky tape.
- About 5cm/2 inches up the longer, kitchen roll tube, cut a 2cm wide line (you will squeeze the tube together with the scissors to accomplish this.
- Push the scissors in the slit and cut into a cross.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 and cut a cross directly opposite the first cross on the other side of the tube.
- Push the rolled up tube through the two holes until only 1cm of the small tube is visible at the top.
- Secure with sticky tape around the bottom where the cross has been pushed outwards.
- Cut two small triangle snips into the front of the larger kitchen roll tube.
- To shoot, attach an elastic band into the two triangle snips at the front and stretch the band back to your shooting finger.
- Hook the band around your shooting finger. When you’re ready, let the band slip off your finger and it will shoot off.
- When rolling the tube tighter, this is not difficult but requires a firm grip so may need some adult help here.
- Add another toilet roll tube, rolled up tight, to the top of the gun for a sight.