Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Halloween Fancy Dress – Make a Candy Cauldron Gallery
How to make a Candy Cauldron in step-by-step photos…
1. Cover your balloon with 1 or 2 layers of papier mache– you do not need to papier mache the whole balloon, just the large, round, bulbous bit. If you need tips on how to papier mache, go to http://www.activitybucket.com/creative-crafts/papier-mache
2. Once the 1st or 2nd layer is dry, pop the balloon and trim the top of the cast so it is straight and is shaped like a cauldron.
3. Paint the cauldron in black, inside and out, and leave it to dry upside down.
4. Glue a square or circle of black card to the bottom of the cauldron and leave until dry. Once dry this will allow the cauldron to stand up straight.
5. Push a sharp pencil through each side of the cauldron, using the plasticine to cushion the pencil from the other side, and thread string through the holes. Tie knots to secure before taking out for trick-or-treating!