There are so many bear related stories and cartoons for kids, why not make your own bear mask?
This bear mask is quick and easy to make and it looks really effective – especially hiding in the trees or in your own outdoor den!
You will need :
- Paper plate
- Paint and paintbrush
- Colour Printer for Bear Mask Template
- Hole punch/sharp pencil and plasticine
How to make it…
- Get adult help to measure where your eyes are on the paper plate and cut out two small eye holes. Check you can see through them before moving on to the next step.
- Paint the paper plate brown and leave to dry.
- Print out the Bear Mask template and cut out the Bear Mask pieces – remember to cut out the eye holes!
- Stick the Bear Mask pieces on the mask with glue.
- Put a hole in each side of the mask with a hole punch or sharp pencil and plasticine and secure to the head using string. See steps in photos.
- Make brown coloured paint by mixing yellow, red and a little blue.
- You may need adult help to cut out the eye holes.
- Try tilting the mouth a little instead of putting it right in the middle. We think it looks better!
- Overlap the ears over the top of the paper plate.
- When you’ve made your mask, why not make an outdoor den and gather food for a picnic just like real bears gather food for the winter!