Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
Asian Conical Hat Gallery
Make an Asian Conical Hat in step by step photos…
1. Cut one of the large sides from the pizza box and place it printed side down.
2. Attach the two pencils together securely with a piece of string which is about the length of half the box side.
3. Place one pencil in the middle of the piece of card and place the other pencil on the card so that the string is taught.
4. Using the middle pencil as an anchor, pull the second pencil around in a circle. Make sure you keep the string taught at all times. Pull the pencil all the way around until you have drawn a full circle.
5. Cut the circle out with scissors.
6. Paint the circle in a colour of your choice and leave to dry.
7. If you would like, draw or paint a design onto the hat. We chose to draw Chinese lettering.
8. Cut a slit into the circle from the side to the middle of the circle.
9. Pull one side of the slit over the other until the circle resembles a wide cone.
10. Secure with sticky tape or a stapler.
11. Punch two holes opposite sides from each other with a hole punch.
12. Thread string through and tie to keep the hat on your head.