Decorate the US Flag in red, white and blue tissue paper for a 3D collage effect.
Great activity for a small group of children for Veterans Day or any other national holiday craft.
You will need:
- White paper
- Red, white and blue tissue/crepe paper
How to make a US Flag Collage…
- Draw a rough outline of the US flag on a piece of paper (or download the US Flag Colouring Page)
- Tear up pieces of tissue or crepe paper
- Scrunch the pieces of tissue paper up into small balls.
- Glue the coloured tissue to the flag in the correct spaces.
- Glue 50 white balls of paper on top of the blue as the stars.
- Use this same craft for other flags. Some are available for download here.
- Print off the US Flag Colouring Page instead of drawing the flag from scratch.
- Two to four children decorating each flag is ample. If each kid does their own the craft can become a little tedious as it is quite time consuming.
- Use white glue instead of stick glue.
- Do not try to leave gaps in the blue for the stars – just stick them on top.
- You can use actual star stickers instead of white crepe paper if you have them.
- If you are using white paper, leave the white stripes plain.