Make a Toy Tank out of everyday items.
This is a great craft for boys and for Veterans Day.
You will need:
- Empty butter/margarine container
- Match Box
- Popsicle stick
- Green construction paper
- 3 toilet paper tubes
- Green paint and paintbrush
- Glue/sticky tape
How to make a Toy Tank…
- Paint 3 TP tubes green, inside and out, and leave to dry.
- Discard the lid of the margarine container and cover the tub in green paper – like wrapping a present.
- Wrap the match box in green paper.
- Wrap the popsicle stick in green paper.
- Glue the match box on top of the margarine container
- Glue the popsicle stick on it’s side onto the match box and facing outwards.
- Glue the three TP tubes together using glue.
- Glue or tape the margarine tub etc on top of the 3 TP tubes and leave to dry before playing.
- If you use glue, take account of drying time, both for paint and for glue.
- You can paint the popsicle stick instead of covering it.
- Mix green paint and add dabs over the tank to make it look more ‘camouflage’.
- Using tape will make the toy stronger.