Symmetry printing is a great activity to do with young children. It’s a really simple activity for kids which demonstrates the basic principles of symmetry and gets fast, colourful results!
- A piece of paper
- Fold a piece of paper in half and unfold again.
- Paint a pattern on one half of the paper. Make sure to use lots of paint so there’s enough to print with.
- When finished, fold the paper in half along the crease and press down all over firmly.
- Unfold to view your creation and leave to dry. See steps in photos
- Use nice bright colours for the best effect.
- For older kids, they may want to try painting half an object such as a butterfly, star or Christmas tree but remember they still need to use lots of paint for the print to come out effectively.