You will need:
- Kitchen roll tube.
- Printer and Part 1 & Part 2 Mobile Templates
- Paint or coloured paper to cover the kitchen roll (optional)
- Stick glue
- Hole punch
How to make it…
- Print out both Part 1 and Part 2 of the Sun, Moon and Stars Mobile template. – You can choose the colour or black and white version.
- Cut out each of the templates.
- Put the templates in their pairs.
- Use your glue stick to stick the template pairs together.
- Use a hole punch to put a hole in each of the templates.
- Take a kitchen roll tube. You can leave it plain or paint it or cover it in coloured paper.
- Cut six lengths of string, no longer than 50cm each.
- Tie the end of each piece of string to a template.
- Tie the other ends of the string to the kitchen roll tube. Try to tie the strings at different lengths and cut off any excess string.
- Cut a long length of string and thread it through the kitchen roll tube and tie in a knot at the top. You can use this to hang up your mobile.
- Even if you use the ready coloured templates, you could decorate them with glitter, sequins or crepe paper.
- Small children may struggle with knots, cutting or gluing – adult assistance may be needed.
- You can draw your own templates to hang from the mobile if your want.