Pom-Poms take a little bit of time to make but they look so good and professional at the end it really is worth it!
Make pom-poms for fancy dress outfits or crafts.
You will need:
- Printer and Pom-Pom Disc Template
- Thick, corrugated card
How to make a Pom-Pom…
- Print out the Pom-Pom Disc Template.
- Paste the two discs onto some corrugated card and cut them out, including the inner blue circle.
- Cut a length of wool which is manageable – perhaps 2m long.
- Place the two discs together and thread the end of the wool up through the hole so the end meets with the outside edge of the disc.
- Thread the wool around the cardboard discs, through the hole and around until the wool runs out (make sure the end is going outwards not inwards, like at the beginning)
- Cut another length of wool and repeat the process until the entire cardboard ring is thoroughly covered.
- Once the entire ring is well covered in wool, snip the wool apart as though you were trying to snip between the two discs, all the way around.
- Pull the discs apart slightly.
- Tie another piece of string securely in between the two discs to hold all the wool strands together.
- Remove both the discs.
- Fluff out to make the pom-pom and snip any stray long ends.
- Try making a Pom-Pom Thankgiving Turkey
- You may need adult help and a Stanley knife to cut out the hole in the disc.
- The threading of the wool will take a little while.
- If you cannot pull the discs off, carefully cut them off using scissors.