Activity Resources for parents, teachers and kids.
How to Papier Mache Photo Gallery
See how to Papier Mache in step by step photos…
1. Blow up a balloon and secure with a knot at the end.
2. Place the balloon into a small bowl and secure with some sticky tape to keep it steady and secure.
3. Mix the flour and water together to make a paste.
4. Dip a newspaper strip into the papier mache and swipe off the excess paste by running your fingers down the length of it whilst holding the top in the other hand.
5. Place the first and second strips of papier mache in a cross on the very top of the balloon and smooth each one down. This will make the bottom of the cast stronger for when things are placed inside it.
6. Cover the rest of the balloon in newspaper strips and paste in the same manner. Make sure the strips overlap each other and are placed randomly to keep the cast strong.
7. Leave the balloon for at least 12 hours to dry before adding another layer or using the cast. Once all of your layers are dry, pop the balloon and remove from the cast. You can use the cast however you planned.