Make a Painted Glass Lantern and use it as an outdoor or indoor decoration this Christmas.
You will need:
- Small jar (washed and dried with the labels removed)
- Nail varnish in various colours
- Tea light candle
How to make a Painted Glass Lantern…
- Wash and dry your jar and remove any labels.
- Cut lots of small lengths of string, varying the lengths.
- Glue the string onto the jar making sure that each string end touches another piece of string. When you have finished you will have lots of small windows.
- Paint the windows with different coloured nail varnishes and leave to dry.
- Tie two pieces of string securely under the lip of the jar for handles and place a tea light inside.
- Soak the jar to remove the labels. If glue residue remains, use a little white spirit.
- When you paint the windows, you can leave a few of them blank.
- You can use coloured pens instead of nail varnish but you need to be careful not to touch as the colour will come away on your fingers.
- If you are hanging the lantern make sure it is secured well.