Make this Bonfire Night Card Craft in memory of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in England in 1605.
You will need:
- 2 pieces of coloured card
- Printer and Gunpowder Pop-up Card Template
- Colouring pens (optional)
How to make a pop-up card..
- Fold both pieces of card in half. Decide which one will be the outside colour and set aside.
- For the inner card, make 2 cuts along the crease about 10cm apart and 4-5cm deep.
- Unfold the card.
- Push the cut part of the card inside out and fold the card back down and press. There should be a rectangular space in the card now. When you open the card a pop-up rectangle should appear.
- Glue the inner card and outer card together with glue.
- Print the Gunpowder Pop-Up Card Template – either the colour or black and white version.
- Cut out both the Houses of Parliament and the Fire – If you can, cut right around the edges of each template.
- Stick the Fire template about half way up the vertical side of the pop-up box.
- Stick the Houses of Parliament template at the bottom of the vertical side of the pop-up box on top of the Fire Template and leave to dry.
- You can write the card to one of your friends or family or write the Remember Remember poem like we did.
- You can use two pieces of card which are the same colour or two different colours.
- Decorate the front of the card however you like.
- You can make your own pictures to stick on as pop-ups.