Experiment with the colours of autumn by painting a finger print tree.
You will need :
- Plain paper
How to make it…
- Mix red, yellow and a little blue paint to make brown.
- Using a paintbrush, paint a tree trunk and branches on your paper.
- Use lots of reds, yellows, browns and oranges for the leaves. You can mix different shades by experimenting with red, yellow and brown.
- Using your fore finger (first finger) print leaves of different colours on the tree branches.
- Leave to dry. See steps in photos.
- For two-tone leaves, put your finger in two different colours before printing on the page.
- Don’t wash the paint off your fingers each time you change colour, just dip into another colour.
- You can make 3 or 4 prints from one load of paint so you don’ have to re-dip your finger for every leaf.