Poppies are synonymous with the WWI battlefields and are used as a reminder of those who have died fighting and for those who have and are still serving their countries in the armed forces.
This finger print craft is very easy – why not make your poppy field into a card for a friend or relative?
You will need:
- Red and black paint
- Green construction paper or card
- Cotton bud/Q-tip
How to make a Finger Print Poppy Field…
- Take a green piece of construction paper.
- Squeeze some red and black paint into a tray.
- Dip your finger in the red paint and print spots all over the green paper.
- When you’ve finished printed the poppies, take a cotton bud and dip it in the black paint.
- Dab spots of black paint in the middle of each red print.
- Leave to dry.
- If you would like to make your field into a card, fold it in half when dry and write inside it.
- You can do this with other colours and just create a meadow of flowers.
- Try to create ‘clumps’ of poppies instead of spreading them out evenly.