Dress up as your favourite bird with a Bird Hat.
If you want to dress up as a specific type of bird, pick a baseball cap which is the correct colour. i.e. a white hat for a fancy dress dove, a yellow hat for a chick or a brown hat for an eagle.
You will need:
- Baseball cap
- Coloured felt (black and white and a colour the same as your cap)
- Glue (preferably fabric)
How to make a bird hat…
- Cut two big, oval circles out of the white felt.
- Cut four small, round circles out of the black felt. Two smaller than the others.
- Cut a spiky tuft out of your coloured felt.
- Glue the white eyes to the front of the baseball cap.
- Glue the pupils on top of the white eyes.
- Glue the nostrils close together at the very back of the cap peak.
- Glue the tuft to the very front of the baseball cap above the eyes and leave to dry before wearing.
Tips when making your bird hat…
- Combine with a bird tail and bird wings for the full outfit. See Dove Wings and Dove Tail. Change the colour from white for other birds and use crepe paper instead of bin liners.
- To cut even circles, cut squares out of the felt and round off the edges.
- Experiment with where you want the pupils to be to change the expression of your bird.