Make a Bear Finger Puppet with felt.
They’re a little fiddly because of their size so developed scissor technique is needed.
You will need:
- Brown and white felt plus another felt colour of your choice.
- Glue (preferably fabric if you have it)
- Pair of googly eyes
How to make it…
- Cut a piece of brown felt which is twice the length of your forefinger or middle finger and up to 2 inches wide.
- Fold the piece of felt in half from top to bottom.
- Cut two pieces of brown felt which are 10cm long and 1.5cm wide. Round off the ends.
- Stick one strip of brown felt across the large piece of felt about halfway down. These are the arms.
- Unfold the large piece of felt so that the arms are at the front and stuck to the bottom half.
- Cut the second strip of brown felt in two. Stick them both to the top of the large piece of felt. These will be the legs.
- Put glue down each side of the felt and fold it in half again, sticking it down. Make sure you don’t put too much glue as you need to fit your finger in the felt when it’s dry.
- Stick on two googly eyes.
- Cut two small semi circles out of brown felt for the ears and two smaller semi circles in your colour felt choice for the inner ears. Stick them at the top of the finger puppet.
- Cut an oval of white felt for the muzzle and stick on.
- Cut a small triangle out of your colour felt for the nose and stick on he muzzle.
- Cut four small circles of your colour felt for the four paws and stick on.
- When dry, pop him on your finger and wiggle to make him move.
- Try the finger puppet on at stage seven to make sure it fits your finger.
- If you don’t have googly eyes you can draw them on with pen or cut some out of felt.
- You can draw a mouth on in pen if you want.
- It’s easiest to play with the puppet using your middle finger.