Make Balloon friends with a couple of balloons and basic craft materials with this easy craft activity.
Did you know really huge balloon characters are paraded at Thanksgiving in New York, USA each year in the Macys Parade?
You will need:
- Two round balloons.
- Crepe Paper
- Coloured card/paper
- Sticky tape
How to make Balloon People…
- Blow up one balloon fully and one balloon half way up so it’s still round.
- Attach the two balloons together (by their ends) with sticky tape.
- Draw and cut out two hand shapes and two feet shapes from the coloured card or paper.
- Cut four strips of crepe paper for the arms and legs.
- Attach the hands and feet to the crepe paper strips using glue or sticky tape.
- Draw and cut out some eyes, a nose and mouth.
- Stick the eyes, nose and mouth to your Balloon Person’s head using glue or sticky tape.
- Stick the arms and legs to the large balloon body and cut lengths of crepe paper for hair and stick to the top of the head if you want.
- Attach a length of wool or string to the back of the head.
- You don’t have to make people, why not make animals or a mystical creature?
- Sticky tape will hold better than glue.