Make a mini American Football Pitch with an old shoe box lid and a few home craft materials.
You can use the pitch for lego men or toys or to plan tactics.
You will need:
- Shoe box lid
- Green coloured paper
- Sticky tape
- 6 popsicle sticks
- White paint and paintbrush
How to make an American Football Pitch…
- Cut two of the popsicle sticks in half using a pair of scissors.
- Paint all the popsicle sticks white and leave to dry.
- Cover the inside of the shoebox lid with green paper. Secure with glue.
- Measure a length of string which wraps all the way around the inside of the shoe box.
- Draw a line of glue around the outside of the shoe box lid and attach the string.
- Measure 11 lengths of string which fit across the shoe box lid.
- Stick the string evenly along the box, maybe leaving a little bigger space for each end zone.
- Once the popsicle sticks are dry, glue them together to look like goals and leave to dry.
- You can also draw an American football, colour and cut out and attach to another popsicle stick if you want. Attach this to the front of the shoe box lid.
- Once the popsicle stick goals are dry, attach them to either end of the shoe box with sticky tape.
- If you have a glue pen or glue with a nozzle, sticking the string down will be much easier.
- Your popsicle sticks may need more than one coat of paint.
- To make the goals, glue one popsicle stick horizontally across the top of a vertical stick. Attach the two halves to either end of the horizontal stick, facing upwards.